ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL >> 19 MARCH 2023
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
READ DAILY FOUNTAIN ANGLICAN DEVOTIONAL 19TH MARCH 2023
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Also Read Previous Daily Fountain Devotional
TOPIC: HEAR YE HIM
TEXT: Matthew 17: 1-13(NKJV)
1. Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves;
2. and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
3. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
4. Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
5. While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”
6. And when the disciples heard [it,] they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid.
7. But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.”
8. When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.
9. Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.”
10. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
11. Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.
12. “But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise, the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.”
13. Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.
Play This Game To Win Amazing Prizes
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL MESSAGES FOR TODAY
Jesus took Peter, James and John to the mountain and was transfigured before them. They saw Moses and Elijah, heard Gods voice distinctly affirming the Sonship of Jesus Christ and commanding them to hear Him. The words of Jesus are contained in the Holy Scriptures. Elijah and Moses were on the mountain but God said hear and obey Jesus.
This means that the word of Jesus supersedes or is the final authority to guide all aspects of life. Any instruction or prophecy from any great man of God that is contrary to God’s word should be rejected. This makes it important to master God’s voice so as to avoid deceptions through intentional devotion to the word, meditation and prayer.
DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL MESSAGES
The disciples heard God’s voice distinctly because they were attentive, fully concentrated and undistracted in His presence. Staying in God’s presence leads to greater understanding and increases the ability to make links between the Scriptures and physical events. Jesus cleared the confusion of the disciples about the claim of the Scribes that Elijah will come first.
The disciples got the insight that the Scribes did not understand that John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus ministered and lived like Elijah. Beloved, devote time in God’s presence to hear Him so as to maintain your spiritual stability and guide your daily actions in all spheres of life in these terrible and confusing times.
PRAYER: Father open my ears to hear and help me obey Christ’s voice in Jesus name. Amen.
Also Read Open Heavens For Today
DEVOTIONAL NOTICE BOARD!!!
Also Read Other Amazing Christian Devotionals Here Below,
NOTE: This Post Is SPAM-FREE